The Share and Stock Market is one of the most important ways for companies to raise their money through shares, and the objective of this blog is to provide you daily intraday news regarding stock market. You have arrived at the right place and you'll find a lot of information here on intraday news updates— basic concepts, strategies for buying and selling, time of entry and exit and a lot more.
Gold Holds Firm As Fed Rate Hike Guidance Weighs On Dollar
Gold prices edged up on Monday as the dollar stayed on the defensive, finding support from the U.S. Federal Reserve's conservative guidance on the path of rate hikes this year.
* Spot gold was up 0.2% to $1,231.05 per ounce by 0100 GMT.
* U.S. gold futures were mostly unchanged at $1,230.80.
* The dollar index, which measures the greenback against a basket of currencies, was down 0.1% to 100.230.
* Markets were bracing for a packed week of Fed messaging with no less than nine different policy makers set to speak, including Chair Janet Yellen on Thursday.
* Financial leaders of the world's biggest economies dropped a pledge to keep global trade free and open, acquiescing to an increasingly protectionist United States after a two-day meeting failed to yield a compromise.
* Gold premiums rose in China this week as traders said supply of the precious metal was limited due to tightening import restrictions to stem currency outflows.