The Share and Stock Market is one of the most important ways for companies to raise their money through shares, and the objective of this blog is to provide you daily intraday news regarding stock market. You have arrived at the right place and you'll find a lot of information here on intraday news updates— basic concepts, strategies for buying and selling, time of entry and exit and a lot more.
Gold Hits One-Week High As Fed Signals Only Gradual Rate Hikes
Gold prices rose to a one-week high on Thursday as the dollar fell after the U.S. Federal Reserve stuck to a less hawkish stance on further interest rate hikes this year.
* Spot gold rose 0.3 percent to $1,222.20 per ounce, the highest since March 7, at 0028 GMT.
* U.S. gold futures climbed 1.72 percent to $1,221.3.
* Holdings of SPDR Gold Trust , the world's largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund, rose 0.53 percent to 839.43 tonnes on Wednesday from 834.99 tonnes on Tuesday.
* The dollar wallowed at a one-month low early on Thursday after the Fed sounded less hawkish, while the euro stood tall as Dutch election exit polls gave the country's prime minister a big lead over his far-right rival.
* The dollar index against a basket of major currencies extended losses from the previous day, when it slid more than 1 percent, to touch 100.490 , its lowest since Feb. 17.